This privacy statement provides information on the processing of personal data by Bugaboo International B.V., hereafter “Bugaboo”, “We” or “Us”.
We respect your privacy and aim to carefully and safely use your personal data.
This Privacy Statement is applicable to the processing by Bugaboo of all personal data of its customers, suppliers and business partners and other individuals.
In this Privacy Statement we describe who we are, how and for which purposes we process your personal data, how you can exercise your privacy rights and all other information, which can be relevant to you.
We did our best to write all information clear and readable.
However, if you have any questions about our use of your personal data after reading this Privacy Statement, you can of course always contact us.
Further, on in this Privacy Statement you can read how you can get in touch with us.
We recommend you to also read our separate Cookie Statement.
Finally, we would like to point out that our service provisions develop and with this also our Privacy Statement.
We recommend you to regularly check if there has been any modification to the Privacy Statement, so that you exactly know where you stand.
All the way at the bottom of this Privacy Statement, you can read when this Privacy Statement has been modified for the last time.
In case of significant modifications, we will inform you by email and/or notify you on our homepage.
Who are we?
At Bugaboo our mission is, and always has been, to help you move freely.
We design and manufacture mobility products that combine design with engineering and beauty with functionality.
We are established in the Netherlands at the Paasheuvelweg 9a-b, 1105 BE Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Bugaboo is established worldwide and operates correspondingly.
Bugaboo provides several kinds of services.
With regard to the activities as described in this Privacy Statement, Bugaboo can be qualified as ‘Controller’ within the meaning of the law.
Which personal data does Bugaboo collect from you?
Bugaboo collects several categories of personal data:
- Personal and contact details (for example name, ship- and bill-to address, email address, telephone number)
- Account details (for example username and password)
- Purchase details (for example date of purchase and type of product)
- Marketing and market research preferences (for example whether you have registered or signed off for e-mail offers and/or our research survey)
- Device information (for example: IP-address, language and browser settings, timezone, screen resolution, operating system)
- Interaction details including pictures (for example your contact with our customer service, digital and/or written correspondence and for instance when you upload pictures to support your service requests).
When you purchase a product, you will also receive a request to provide your payment details.
Those personal data will be collected and processed directly by one of our third party payment providers.
These third parties are responsible for processing your payment details within the limits set by law.
Bugaboo does not have access to your payment details and those personal data will not be collected and/or processed by us.
Thus, this Privacy Statement does not apply on the aforementioned process activity.
For more information about the way your payment details are collected and processed, we refer to the privacy statement on the website of the payment provider you choose for the payment process.
We receive the categories of personal data as described above directly from you.
Personal data directly provided by and about you
- Personal data which you provide when creating an account and/or a register a product and/or other information which you enter or provide through the use of our website
- Personal data which you provide when you purchase a product
- Personal data which you provide when filling in our paper form during an event
- Personal data you provide as part of (inter alia) service requests, correspondence, feedback, help (Q&A), dispute settlements, and suchlike.
- Personal data about others directly provided by you
It is possible that you share personal data about other persons with us.
For example, address or contact details of others when you provide us with alternative shipping addresses during the checkout.
We draw your attention that it is your own responsibility to verify whether those persons approve the disclosure of their personal data to Bugaboo.
Personal data we receive from third parties
We can receive (inter alia) additional personal data, for example with the help of social media platforms or services of third parties, in so far as permitted by law.
The limits set by the law can, for example, require your given consent in advance.
When you communicate or interact with or about us via social media (for example when you post a message, upload media, or press the 'Like' button) we can (or third parties acting on our behalf) collect personal data about you (information contained in your public profile such as your (user)name, profile picture, gender, age-range, country, e.g.).
We don’t store this information.
We use this information to enhance our presence on these platforms and identify the interests and preferences of our (future) customers.
For which purposes does Bugaboo process your personal data?
Bugaboo collects and processes your personal data for the performance of the purchase agreement(s) as entered into with you, administration, service, communication and (personalized or not) marketing, fraud investigation, quality and management purposes and to fulfil all legal obligations.
Here you find more detailed information about the different purposes as described in the first layer.
Performance of a contract.
- To prepare, effect, perform and (possibly) terminate the purchase agreement(s) as agreed upon between you and Bugaboo.
- For the performance and monitoring of the administration of Bugaboo in a broad sense.
- Service, communication, marketing and personalization purposes.
- For the performance of customer service, to make (possible personalized) offers, and/or to provide and share information about activities of Bugaboo.
- Quality and management purposes.
- To monitor and improve the quality of the services, products, processes and systems, to inform management and to perform internal reviews.
- Legislation and regulation.
- For identification, to counter fraud, to perform audits, to secure safety within the company and to comply with legislation and regulation.
On which legal ground does Bugaboo base the processing of your personal data?
Processing of personal data is only lawful when it is based on one of the by law exhaustive listed grounds.
Bugaboo relies on three of those legal grounds.
Our processing activities take place for the benefit of performing a contract, and/or a legitimate interest of Bugaboo, or your given consent.
Performance of a contract.
We use your personal data to perform the necessary steps before entering a contract and to perform the contract we entered into together with you.
We use your personal data also for Bugaboo’s legitimate interests.
Under the following headline you can read more about the legitimate interests of Bugaboo.
With your given consent we are allowed to use your personal data for certain marketing purposes and/or to support us in our market research.
You can always withdraw your given consent.
Under the headline ‘Can you withdraw your given consent?’ you can read how to do so.
Which legitimate interest of Bugaboo makes the processing of your personal data lawful?
For Bugaboo the processing of your personal data is necessary to create and maintain a lasting relationship with its customers, to monitor and improve our products, services and processes and to protect its reasonable corporate interests.
For example, to inform our customers about new products, services and activities, to ask consumers to provide us with feedback on our products, to prevent security incidents and abuse of our applications or to protect Bugaboo’s interests in (possible) legal proceedings.
If possible, we will use and apply to our communication the so-called ‘opt-out scheme’.
That way you can easily inform us when you no longer want to receive communication of Bugaboo.
Of course you can also always contact us directly via email@example.com.
To whom does Bugaboo provide your personal data?
Bugaboo can provide your personal data to third parties in accordance with this Privacy Statement and in so far as permitted by law.
Without your explicit consent Bugaboo does not provide your personal data to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Your personal data can be received by the following categories of recipients:
- Group companies.
- As a global organisation, data we collect may be transferred internationally throughout our worldwide organisation.
- Your personal data may be exchanged with our group companies working under the name ‘Bugaboo’.
- We exchange your data for administrative purposes and so that we can have a complete overview of your contacts and contracts with Bugaboo.
- We may also exchange your data in order to offer you a complete package of services and products.
- We may share personal data with our group companies for the purpose of providing jointly content and products and/or services (such as registration and customer support), the development of new products, websites, applications, services, tools and communication, and to prevent, trace and examine possible illegal activities, infringements of our policies, fraud and/or breaches of our data security.
- For example, supervisory authorities, Tax and Customs Administration, police and other statutory bodies.
We may provide your personal data:
- to comply with a statutory obligation or court order; or
- if this is necessary to prevent, trace or prosecute criminal acts; or
- if this is necessary to enforce our policies, or to protect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Business service companies.
- To provide our services we use third parties.
- For example, a transportation company which is requested by Bugaboo to deliver the product you have purchased, or an online payment provider to that is requested by Bugaboo to handle online payments.
- In addition, we also engage third parties such as analytics companies, advertising agencies and social media platforms to analyse the data about your website use, to perform possible personalization of the website and communication, and the display of relevant offers and advertisements.
Each third party to which we – with your given consent – provide your personal data (for example within the context of a collaboration), and/ or to which Bugaboo now or in the future forms part of as a result of a restructuring, merger or acquisition.
Insofar as these third parties process your data they do so in the capacity of processor for Bugaboo.
Bugaboo has taken the necessary measures to ensure that your data is exclusively used for the above purposes.
How do we protect your data?
We have adopted both technical and organisational measures to protect your data against loss, theft and unauthorised access.
Examples are IT security policies, staff training and secure servers.
We continually improve our security measures in case of technological advances and developments.
We also recommend that you properly and correctly secure your own passwords and electronic data carriers you use.
Is your personal data being transferred outside the EU?
Your personal data may be stored and processed in any country where Bugaboo (and its group companies) are located.
All Bugaboo entities operate under EU Standard Contractual Clauses, which provide safeguards for cross-border transfers.
We may share personal data about you with third parties, such as business partners, service providers, and/or vendors who help us execute our business.
If your personal data are transferred to a third party in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for personal data, we will, where required, take measures to ensure that your personal data are adequately protected.
How long does Bugaboo store your personal data?
Your personal data will be removed and/or made anonymous when your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which these personal data are processed.
Your personal data will be stored for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested.
We may also need to store your personal data for when we have a legal obligation or to resolve disputes.
In addition to that, we can assure you that Bugaboo will not store your personal data longer than permitted by law.
How long we keep personal data can vary widely depending on the context of the services we offer, our legal obligations and the (local) entity that is processing your personal data.
The following criteria are often used to determine the retention period: nature of the personal data, the context in which the personal data have been collected, the consequences for the data subject and the existence of appropriate safeguards (such as pseudonymization).
If you have any questions regarding how long your personal data is stored, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to exercise your privacy rights and manage your personal data?
You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning yourself are being processed by Bugaboo and, if so, to request access to an overview of the personal data, and rectification and/or erasure of it.
In addition to this, you also have the right of restriction of processing concerning your personal data, the right to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability.
Below you can read where and how you can invoke all those rights.
You have the right to request access of an overview of your personal data, and under certain conditions, rectification and/or erasure of personal data.
In addition, you may also have the right of restriction of processing concerning your personal data, the right to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
To invoke your right of access, rectification, and/or erasure of personal data, your right of restriction of processing, and/or your right to object to processing as well as to invoke your right to data portability, please contact us in the following matter:
If you have your own account at Bugaboo you have access to a part of the personal data which is registered by us.
At every desired moment you can rectify or erase these personal data.
In case you want to have access to an overview of all process activities and/or you want to rectify or erase (in so far as permissible) personal data and you are not able to do so yourself, you can contact us here: email@example.com.
In case you do not have an account and you do want to invoke your right of access, rectification, and/or erasure of personal data, you can contact us by here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To invoke your right of restriction of processing, and/or your right to object to the processing as well as to invoke your right to data portability, please contact us here: email@example.com.
Please keep in mind that Bugaboo may ask for additional information to verify your identity.
Can you withdraw your given consent?
If you gave your consent for a specific process activity concerning your personal data, you can at any time withdraw this consent.
Keep in mind that withdrawal does not have retrospective effect and the withdrawal of your consent is only possible in case you first have given your consent.
You can contact us to manifest your withdrawal of consent by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can you lodge a complaint?
If you have any further questions about the way we process your personal data, please contact email@example.com first.
Should you still be of the opinion that we did not handle your request or complaint satisfactorily, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority.
For example, if you believe that Bugaboo does not use your personal data carefully, or because you have sent us a request to access or rectification of your personal data and you are not satisfied with our reply.
You can lodge your complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority through the website https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl
Are you obliged to provide your personal data to us and what are the consequences if you do not?
In some cases, the provision of your personal data is necessary for Bugaboo.
- For example, to enter into an agreement with you or to provide a service or to create an account.
- Information fields which are not marked with a * enquire personal data of which the provision is not necessary.
- When the provision of your personal data is necessary for us, we will point that out by using a *.
In case you decide not to provide the enquired personal data, we shall not be able to enter into the agreement or to provide the service in question.
By your act of providing personal data enquired by information fields which are not marked with a *, you give your consent to process this personal data by and to Bugaboo.
Does Bugaboo use profiling techniques?
We would like to approach you in a personal and relevant way.
To make that possible, we bundle, combine and analyse personal data so that we can determine the most relevant target groups and segments, content, advertisements, information, moments and channels, and limit the contact requests.
For our profiling purposes the following personal data, in alternating combinations, can be combined, analysed or segmented:
- Demographic details: This does not concern personal data, but for example district level data.
- When demographic data is being bundled to an individual, the data could become personal data.
- Transactional details: personal data which result from a transaction between Bugaboo and you.
- Interaction details: personal data which result from correspondence between Bugaboo and you.
- For example, the products you have ordered or registered, the service requests you created, what kind of browser you use, what kind of device you have and other cookies identifiers.
- Offline interactions are also included.
- Behaviour details: personal data about your behaviour that Bugaboo processes, such as your preferences, opinion, wishes and needs.
- We can gather this data, for example, by monitoring your surfing behaviour on our website or your link with a social media account.
Only with your given consent we collect and process information with the help of tracking cookies.
In case you do not want to receive personalized marketing, you can contact us to manifest this by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are small files of information which save and retrieve information about your visit to this website – for example, how you entered our site, how you navigated through the site, and what information was of interest to you.
When was this Privacy Statement last modified?
This Privacy Statement is version 2.1.
It has been applicable since 25th of May 2018 and was last modified on 1 October 2021.