Location: headquarters Amsterdam, NL
Department: product development
The Mechanical Engineer develops the parts and modules, with respect to proper function, strength & stiffness, durability and manufacturability, while maintaining the design intent.
- Develop reliable products, modules and parts.
- Dimension according to load case and material use.
- DFM /DFA: Align manufacturing and assembly method with the Tool engineers, XM organization and suppliers to achieve products that are producible in mass quantities in an efficient and reliable way.
- Document the design into a full 3D, 2D definition including tolerances and verification report.
- Write requirements: Ability to write requirements at the right level of abstraction/detail, which are testable. Define (mis)use cases and derive load cases from there.
- Strength and Stiffness: Ability to size parts correctly to withstand applicable load cases.
- Statics and Dynamics: Ability to derive load cases in static and dynamic (incl impact) use situations.
- Tribology: Ability to size parts and choose material combinations to withstand wear and tear usage.
- Verification and Validation: Ability to design a test method, to be able to verify the requirement.
- Design for manufacturing: Ability to apply relevant production techniques for producing the concept/product.
- Design for assembly: Understanding of DFA philosophy and knowledge of assembling techniques and able to translate it in the design.
- 3D CAD modelling: Ability to make clean 3D SolidWorks models suitable for tool making.
- Use relevant software: Solidworks.
- Create 2D drawings suitable for mass production and Quality Control, based on the bugaboo 2D drawing standard.
- Make tolerance analysis: Ability to analyze an assembly based on function and production requirements and define a feasible tolerance budget.
- Quality control methodology: Take process capability into account during design and engineering. Deliver a product definition (2D drawing) that is clear input for QC and IQC.
The Mechanical Engineer has basic understanding of:
- Knowledge of project collaboration tools: Ability to work with collaborative planning.
- Mechanical design: Ability to apply robust design principles to fulfill required functions.
- Material knowledge: Ability to apply in depth knowledge of applicable materials (Plastic, metal).
- Accuracy: Being detail-oriented and handling details accurately and effectively.
- Initiative: Being alert for opportunities, new situations or problems, and act accordingly at an early stage. Identifying problems or obstacles and solving them as quickly as possible
- Cooperation: Contributing to a common result through effective team work.
- Mechanical Engineering.
Think you’d be the perfect fit? See if this role is available by searching our job vacancies.