Last Updated: June 22, 2023
The Website is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.. No one under the age of 18 may provide any Personal Information to us whether on the Website or offline. Bugaboo will not knowingly collect any Personal Information from such individuals without prior parental consent. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any Personal Information to us on the Website or through offline means. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from individuals below the mentioned age without verified parental consent, we will delete such information. If you believe we might have any Personal Information from or about an individual below 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which Personal Information does Bugaboo Collect From You?
Bugaboo collects the following categories of Personal Information directly from you:
- Personal and contact details (for example: name, shipping and billing address, email address, telephone number);
- Account/Registration details (for example: full name, alias, password, e-mail address, date of purchase, place of purchase, and product serial number);
- Purchase details (for example: date of purchase and type of product purchased or considered);
- Marketing and market research preferences (for example whether you have registered or signed up for e-mail offers and/or our research survey);
- Device information (for example: IP-address);
- Interaction details including pictures (for example: your contact with our customer service, electronic and/or correspondence in paper form and for instance, when you upload pictures to support your service requests).
When you purchase a product, you will also receive a request to provide your payment details. Such Personal Information will be collected and processed directly by one of our service providers, responsible for processing your payment details to the extent necessary for us to complete the transaction. Bugaboo only has access to your payment method and related expiration date and not your full card number. Your full card number will not be collected and/or processed by us. Bugaboo entered into agreements with such service providers to impose confidentiality obligations on such service provider and prohibit them from using the Personal Information for other purposes other than the business purpose for which Bugaboo engaged them. For more information about the way your payment details are collected and processed, please refer to the privacy statement or policy of the respective payment provider for the payment method you selected at checkout which will govern the processing of your Personal Information by such service provider.
How Does Bugaboo Collect Your Personal Information?
1. Personal Information directly provided by and about you
We obtain or receive Personal Information directly from you
- when creating an account and/or registering a product on the Website;
- when you purchase a Bugaboo product (online);
- when filling out a paper form from Bugaboo or at Bugaboo retail showrooms;
- as part of your service requests, correspondence, feedback, help (Q&A), dispute settlements, and similar communication; and/or
- when you interact with us through our other online or offline offerings, as such may be supplemented by Bugaboo from time to time.
- when you post content on the Website. Please note that other users of the Website may be able to see some Personal Information about you, such as your name if you submit a review to or provide a testimonial on our Website.
2. Personal Information about others directly provided by you
It is possible that you share Personal Information with us about third parties. For example, address or contact details of others when you provide us with alternative shipping addresses at checkout. You represent and warrant that you have obtained the third party’s prior written consent for the disclosure of their Personal Information to Bugaboo.
3. Personal Information we receive indirectly (e.g., from third parties or through automatic data collection tools)
We may also receive (inter alia) Personal Information, for example with the help of social media platforms or service providers, marketing agencies (who may collect Personal Information, advertise our products or sending out marketing emails on our behalf).
For Which Purposes does Bugaboo Process Your Personal Information?
Bugaboo processes your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Performance of a contract. To prepare, effectuate, perform, fulfill our obligations, and enforce our rights under the contract(s) between you and Bugaboo.
- Service, communication, marketing and personalization purposes. For the performance of customer service, to personalize our offers to you relevant to your interests (including targeted ads), provide and share with you information about activities of Bugaboo and Bugaboo products and services, respond to your inquiries or requests (including sending you newsletters when you subscribe to them on the Website).
- Quality and management purposes. To monitor and improve the quality of our Website, services, products, processes and systems, to inform our management and perform internal reviews.
- Legislation and regulation. To identify and counter fraud, perform audits, ensure safety within the Bugaboo group of companies and comply with orders of a court, law enforcement, government authorities, applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. To evaluate or conduct a merger, acquisition, restructuring, reorganization, sale or transfer of some or all of Bugaboo’s assets, in which Personal Information held by Bugaboo is among the assets transferred.
- Authorized purposes. To fulfill purposes for which you provided us your consent.
To Whom does Bugaboo Disclose Your Personal Information?
Your Personal Information can be received by the following categories of third party recipients:
- Affiliates. As a global organization, Personal Information we collect may be transferred internationally throughout our worldwide organization. Your Personal Information may be shared with members of the Bugaboo group of companies that conduct business under the name ‘Bugaboo’. We may share your Personal Information with members of the Bugaboo group of companies for administrative purposes so that we can have a complete overview of your contacts and contracts with Bugaboo. Further, we may also share your Personal Information in order to offer you a complete package of services and products. We may share Personal Information with members of the Bugaboo group of companies for the purpose of providing joint content and products and/or services (such as registration and customer support), the development of new products, websites, applications, services, tools and communication, and to prevent, trace and examine possible illegal activities, infringements of our policies, fraud and/or breaches of our data security.
- Business Partners. Bugaboo may share Personal Information with our business partners and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. Bugaboo may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you.
- Advertisers. Bugaboo may allow third party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities on our sites (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share de-identified information as well as selected Personal Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other companies) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-Bugaboo related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising”, “online behavioral advertising”, “cross contextual behavioral advertising” or “targeted advertising”. We may allow access to other data collected by the Website to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
- Government Authorities/Organizations. We may disclose your Personal Information, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate: (i) to comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as, a court order or subpoena; (ii) to respond to your requests; (iii) to protect yours, ours or others’ rights, property or safety; (iv) to enforce Bugaboo policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Bugaboo; (vi) to comply with records retention policies; (vii) when we believe access, preservation, or disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (viii) if we, in good faith, believe that access, preservation, or disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order to allow them to identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
We have implemented both technical and organizational measures designed to protect your Personal Information against accidental loss, theft and unauthorized access. Examples are IT security policies, staff training and secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Website or to us via electronic communication. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for any circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Is your Personal Information being transferred outside of Canada?
If your Personal Information are transferred to a third party in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Information, we will, where required, take measures to ensure the protection of your Personal Information commensurate with the protections required under Canadian law. However, you should be aware that your Personal Information may be subject to disclosure requirements for national security and other purposes (e.g the USA PATRIOT Act) above and beyond those imposed by Canadian law. By using the Website, or by otherwise disclosing your Personal Information to us, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage and processing of your information.
How long does Bugaboo store/retain your Personal Information?
Bugaboo will retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary and proportionate to the original purpose for collecting and processing it. Your Personal Information will be removed and/or made anonymous when your Personal Information is no longer necessary for such purpose. We may also need to store your Personal Information to fulfill a legal obligation or to resolve disputes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we can assure you that Bugaboo will not store your Personal Information longer than necessary for us to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected.
If you have any questions regarding how long your Personal Information is stored, please contact us via email@example.com.
How to exercise your rights and manage your Personal Information?
Below is some general information on specific rights that you have with respect to your Personal Information
- Right to Access. YSubject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to an overview of such Personal Information.
- Right to Correct or Delete. You have the right to correct and/or delete your Personal Information.
- Right to Restrict or Refuse. In addition, you also have the right to restrict or refuse the processing of your Personal Information.
We may deny your request if we have a legitimate reason to do so, including but not limited to the completion of the transactions for which we collected your Personal Information, security reasons and such other reasons as permissible under applicable state laws, rules and regulations.
We strongly recommend that you review your Bugaboo account periodically to confirm that your Personal Information is current and accurate. At any time, you may correct or delete the Personal Information in your account.
Please keep in mind that Bugaboo may ask for additional information to verify your identity or your authority to make a request on behalf of another individual (e.g., a minor). We cannot respond to your request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you or the individual you represent.
Can you withdraw your given consent?
If you gave your consent for a specific process activity concerning your Personal Information, you can at any time withdraw this consent. Keep in mind that withdrawal does not have retroactive effect.
You can contact us via the contact information provided below to submit the withdrawal of your consent.
You may opt out of receiving commercial email, text message or other electronic messages from us (excluding transactional messages) by following the opt-out instructions contained in those messages.
Are you obliged to provide your Personal Information to us and what are the consequences if you do not?
In some cases, the provision of your Personal Information is necessary for Bugaboo to enter into an agreement with you, fulfill its obligations towards you and enforce its rights thereunder. For example, certain fields on our forms (online and paper form) when you create an account or purchase a product from us are marked with an asterisk (*). This indicates that the transaction or registration will not be completed without entering such information. By completing the form, you give your consent to Bugaboo to process such entered Personal Information.
Does Bugaboo use profiling techniques, targeted and behavioral advertising?
We would like to approach you in a personal and relevant way. To make that possible, we bundle, combine and analyze Personal Information so that we can determine the most relevant target groups content, advertisements, information. The information we or our service providers or third party partners collect about you may be associated with your Personal Information or your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. We may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content (may also be referred to as (profiling, targeted advertising or cross-context behavioral advertising). We, our service providers or other third-party partners, may link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising on another device. We may share a common account identifier (such as a hashed email address or user ID) or work with third party partners who use tracking technologies or statistical modeling tools to determine if two or more devices are linked to a single user or household. We, and our partners, can also use this cross-device linkage to serve interest-based advertising and other personalized content to you across your devices, to perform analytics, and to measure the performance of our advertising campaigns.
For our profiling purposes the following Personal Information, can be combined, analyzed:
- Demographic details: This does not concern Personal Information we collected. However, when demographic data is being bundled to an individual, the data could become Personal Information.
- Transactional details: Personal Information which result from a transaction between Bugaboo and you.
- Interaction details: Personal Information which result from correspondence between Bugaboo and you. For example, the products you have ordered or registered, the service requests you created, what kind of browser you use, what kind of device you have and other cookies identifiers. Offline interactions are also included.
- Behavior details: Personal Information about your behavior on our Website that Bugaboo processes, such as your preferences, opinion, wishes and needs. We can gather this data, for example, by monitoring your browsing behavior on our Website or your link with a social media account. Only with your given consent (as you selected your cookie preferences when prompted) we collect and process information with the help of tracking cookies.
You may opt out of receiving targeted advertising from participating ad networks, audience segment providers, ad serving vendors and other service providers by visiting websits operated by the Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance and Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada.
Links to Other Sites