Location: Headquarters Amsterdam, NL
Department: Product development
The Technical Product Owner (TPO) protects the technical product integrity of products in market and maintains the product and process definition. The TPO leads the product developers responsible for initiating, tracking, executing and reviewing Engineering Changes. The TPO owns the technical documentation and the work in progress. The TPO reports to the SPD Manager on the high level co-operation and communication in the core team and detailed planning and progress according to the road map.
- Own the technical integrity and “product health” of In-Market products, maintain the product and process definition.
- Cooperate with the project’s Lead Engineer to receive the complete Product Definition from NPD.
- Apply the system engineering approach and owns the requirements, solutions and verification in Cockpit, during SPD.
- Delegated technical authority to release changes to parts and modules for tooling and for mass production. Including the approval and follow up on concessions.
- Assure data management of the complete Product Definition to SPD.
- Lead the assigned product developers take decisions regarding the product definition. Take decisions at part and module (sub-system) level in time and create options to come to a decision on System level.
- Manage the work of the Product Developers on a daily basis. Assign tasks, planning and workload in cooperation with SPD Manager.
- Be responsible to ensure solutions comply with applicable laws, regulations and industry standards.
- Be pro-active to take the product to a higher level. Look for opportunities and threats, take initiative.
- Take decisions related to product non-conformance through concessions and follow-up.
- Guard the progress on the committed ECM workflow against the upcoming issues.
- Decide on the technical aspects of Engineering Change Requests (ECR) in the product development team. Safeguard technical risks, compliance, resources and planning.
- Manage and track the Engineering Change Orders (ECO) in progress. Manage the technical validation and risk assessments, including the preparation Bill of Test (BOT), Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) and validation of technical competences of Suppliers.
- The TPO has extensive experience in one of the product developer roles in the NPD phases (Mechanical Engineer, Fabric Engineer).
- Problem Analysis: Identifying potential problems, tracing possible causes, looking for and investigating relevant data. Making connections between data in order to find the root cause of problems.
- Communication: The ability to put ideas, opinions, arguments and decisions orally and in writing in language that is geared towards the reader. Communicating ideas, opinions, arguments and decisions in a clear way.
- Helicopter view: Keeping eye on detail of the design, without losing the big picture, agile to zoom in and out.
- People oriented leadership: Providing direction and guidance for coworkers in a stimulating manner. Adapting one’s leadership style and method to the individuals involved. Encouraging cooperation.
- Planning & organizing: The efficient use of people and tools in order to reach objectives or results or to implement plans.
- Initiative: Being alert for opportunities, new situations or problems, and act accordingly at an early stage. Identifying problems or obstacles and solving them as quickly as possible.
- Cooperation: Contributing to a common result through effective team work.
- Mechanical Engineering or Fabrics