Location: headquarters Amsterdam, NL
Department: product development
The Designer Styling Soft Goods is responsible for the styling aspects and development of Bugaboo fabrics, colors, limited editions, collaborations and soft good accessories. In the concept development phase the Designer is responsible for delivering feasible styling designs in line with the product concept and product roadmaps. The Designer works in close cooperation with the CDO, product marketing, fabric engineers, project management and sourcing. The Designer is reporting to the CDO. For collaborations, the Designer will work under supervision of the CMO.
- Responsible for the styling concept and requirements of Bugaboo products, incl. limited editions and collaborations.
- Research trends and stay on top of contemporary styles.
- Visualize and “prototyping” of styling concepts/designs to enable decision making before going in development, by sketches, mood boards and samples.
- Responsible for the choice of materials.
- Prepare briefings for the fabric engineers and product and brand marketing team.
- Guard the concept in the NPD phases.
- Responsible for the color strategy of the total product portfolio.
- Work closely together with MPP (Materials and Production Processes) and Sourcing to ensure clear needs for future styling designs/concepts (production, materials, haberdasheries, decoration/printing techniques).
- Investigate and select opportunities for new collaborations.
- Prepare briefings for external designers and act as main point of contact.
- Styling: Ability to maximize the styling potential in product and create feasible ideas.
- Visualize ideas: Ability to visualize ideas in a quick and appealing way on paper and/or computer and/or models or via mood boards, in line with the bugaboo design DNA.
- Material Application: Ability to apply relevant materials in the concept/product.
- Integration of Form and Function: Ability to optimize aesthetics and performance.
- Use of relevant software: Photoshop, Illustrator.
The Designer Soft Goods has basic understanding of:
- Writing requirements
- Design for Sustainability
- Fabric Pattern design
- Creativity: Coming up with original solutions for problems, thinking of new approaches or methods.
- Conceptual thinking: Abstract thinking/ structural concepts/vision.
- Helicopter view: Keeping eye on detail of the design, without losing the big picture, agile to zoom in and out.
- Initiative: Being alert for opportunities, new situations or problems, and act accordingly at an early stage. Identifying problems or obstacles and solving them as quickly as possible.
- Cooperation: Contributing to a common result through effective team work.
- Negotiating: Achieving optimal results in discussions involving opposing interests, both in regard to content and relationship.
- Art Academy or Fashion Academy