FAQ | Warranty
Bugaboo (as the manufacturer) warrants consumers that the product shall be free from material and manufacturing defects and warrants a normal functioning under normal conditions, according to the user guide and technical specifications for a period of 24 months, after the original date of purchase. Any manufacturer’s warranty applies without prejudice to any rights or claims allocated by law, such as statutory warranty. Statutory warranty implies that a product is or should function as can reasonably be expected by the consumer. Please read the warranty policy for more details.
In case you have purchased with a retailer, please contact the retail store where you have placed the order to make a warranty claim. In case you have ordered at Bugaboo.com, please contact our support team using the Warranty claim form or via our Customer Support page.
Make sure to register your Bugaboo product as soon as you get it. Warranty claims will be handled faster when you are registered. You can register your products quickly and safely on our website.
Products purchased online at Bugaboo.com
Products purchased with one of our retail partners
Please contact the retail store where you have placed the order to make a warranty claim. If you purchased the product at a store, please make sure to have the following details at hand:
- Contact details
- Proof of purchase (purchase receipt or bank statement)
- Bugaboo model and colour
- Serial number
- A clear description of the issue and how it arose
Bugaboo may ask you to provide pictures or other relevant information that will allow us to assess your warranty claim and provide you with the correct replacement parts.
As we strongly believe in the quality of our products, we offer an extra year of warranty for registered products. Make sure to register your product on Bugaboo.com within 3 months or as soon as you purchase it. You will need to provide valid proof of purchase when you make a warranty claim. Please read our warranty policy for more details.
The manufacturer’s warranty applies in respect of the product and covers the following:
- All manufacturing defects in the chassis, frame, and the wheels
- All manufacturing defects in the adapters (frame and car seat adapters)
- All parts of the harness of your Bugaboo pram
- Seams in the covering
- Self-adhesive straps
Please read our warranty policy for more details.
- If you have made or arranged for modifications or repairs to be made without first having received written permission from Bugaboo or the retailer
- Defects resulting from neglect or an accident and/or from any use or maintenance other than that indicated in the user guide
- If the serial number has been damaged or removed
- Damage to the product caused by normal wear and tear
- Incorrect mounting or installation of third-party parts that are incompatible with the product.
- Inadvertent or unintentional damage, abnormal use or insufficient care
- Improper storage/product care
- Damage to push bars or upholstery due to normal daily use of the product
- Holes or tears in the tyres
- Damage due to improper use or due to failure to follow the user guide
- Damage due to repairs carried out by unauthorized persons or due to improper disassembly of the product
- Transport damage (during air transport or other modes of transport): carefully inspect your Bugaboo product after it was shipped by the airline (or other carriers), and in case of any damage, immediately file a claim with the carrier
- Customer dissatisfaction with the product in terms of fit, weight, functionality, colour, or design
Please read our warranty policy for more details.
The extended warranty is applicable for all Bugaboo prams and Bugaboo Donkey extension sets sold after April 1st, 2014.
This complimentary extended warranty covers the following:
- All manufacturing faults on the chassis, seat frames, plastic seat parts, and wheels .
Please read our extended warranty policy for more details.
Bugaboo has a list of spare and replacement parts available for purchase. If the part you are looking for is not available online, or if you’re unsure which part will solve your problem, please contact our Customer Support team.
You can submit a claim by using the retailer contact form. We want to do our best to help you make your warranty claim with our retail partner. To do that, we will need the following information:
- The store name, your name, and contact details
- The customer name and contact details
- Proof of purchase included the date (purchase receipt, or a credit card or bank statement)
- The Bugaboo model and colour
- The Bugaboo serial number/item code. You need to provide a serial number for all claims with a Bugaboo pram and an item code for Bugaboo accessories.
- A clear description of the problem and how it arose
In some cases, Bugaboo may ask you to provide pictures or other relevant information that will allow us to assess your claim and provide you with the correct replacement parts.
We aim to reply to all consumer queries within 3 working days from the moment we receive them. However, in periods of higher demand and, depending number of queries received, it might take us longer than 3 working days to reply to your query. In case we are missing information to complete the warranty claim, the process might also take longer. If you’ve ordered the product at Bugaboo.com, please contact our support team using the Warranty claim form or our Customer Support page .Otherwise, please contact the retail store where you have placed the order to make a warranty claim.
At Bugaboo, we want to make sure our consumer can always use their Bugaboo product. That’s why we have a wide range of service parts so that we can send the required replacement item quickly and easily based on the assessment of your warranty claim. This will help us ensure that the faulty part (if that’s the case) is picked up only after your new service order item has arrived.
Bugaboo reserves the right to stop manufacturing a particular model, colour, fabric, accessory, or part. Therefore, we will replace faulty items (where applicable) with a similar product, colour, or fabric during the standard manufacturer’s warranty period.