Item added to cart
Item added to wishlist
Location: headquarters Amsterdam, NL
Department: product development
The Function and Interaction Developer develops the functions that are required to satisfy user requirements, bridging the gap between the needs of users and the functions of products. He/she creates scenarios, user experience flows and develops the right functions. The Function Interaction Developer will be active in New Concept Development (NCD) under the guidance of the Integrator and work closely together with the Technical Developer.
- Develop functions for the creative concept, in harmony with the desired aesthetics and technology.
- Identify the behavior and (latent) needs of users (consumer insights).
- Map user interaction flow and product functions.
- Define system specifications, derive system requirements from use cases.
- Actively practice the process of integrating of form, function and technology.
- Write requirements: Ability to write requirements at the right level of abstraction/detail, which are testable.
- Ability to create feasible ideas.
- Integration of Form and Function: Ability to optimize aesthetics and performance.
- Visualize ideas: Ability to visualize ideas in a quick and appealing way on paper and/or computer and/or models or via mood boards, in line with the bugaboo design DNA.
- Scripting and Storytelling: Ability to articulate and visualize current and future user experiences in pictures and words.
- Use relevant software: Solidworks, Photoshop.
- Material application: Ability to apply relevant materials in the concept/product.
- Ergonomics/ semantics: Ability to apply ergonomic and semantic principles to ensure that the products will fit the human body and its cognitive abilities (semantics speak for themselves)
- Knowledge of project collaboration tools: ability to work with rapid learning cycle framework
- Intellectual property: Ability to screen for ideas and infringement in patent database and knowledge about IP design protection methods like Patents and design (model) protection
- Compliance standards and regulations: Ability to find and work with applicable standards
- Design for Sustainability: Understanding of Design for sustainability philosophy and be able to apply it in design.
- Design for manufacturing: Ability to apply relevant production techniques for producing the concept/product.
- Design for Serviceability: Understanding of design for service philosophy and be able to apply it in design.
- Conceptual thinking: Abstract thinking/ structural concepts/ vision.
- Creativity: Coming up with original solutions for problems, thinking of new approaches or methods.
- Initiative: Being alert for opportunities, new situations or problems, and act accordingly at an early stage. Identifying problems or obstacles and solving them as quickly as possible
- Cooperation: Contributing to a common result through effective team work.
Design Academy, Industrial Design, or alike.
Think you’d be the perfect fit? See if this role is available by searching our job vacancies.