Item added to cart
Item added to wishlist
Location: headquarters Amsterdam, NL
Department: product development
The Fabric Developer specializes in the application of fabrics and the development of fabrics products. The Fabric Developer assists the designers in developing fabric concept(s), by selecting appropriate materials, dimensions and production methods to obtain the required performance. The Fabric Developer optimizes material and products for reliable and cost-effective mass production and works together with external and internal suppliers to develop and industrialize the products.
- Select the appropriate fabrics and production method in line with the product requirement.
- Develop and define the specifications of fabrics and fabric product.
- Develop samples (together with suppliers) to approve outlook and finalize concept validation.
- DFM /DFA: Align manufacturing and assembly method with (internal and external) suppliers to achieve products that are producible in mass quantities in a reliable way.
- Develop samples (together with suppliers) to approve the product and finalize the product validation.
The Fabric developer is proficient in:
- Material application: Ability to apply relevant materials in the concept/product.
- Write requirements: Ability to write requirements at the right level of abstraction/detail, which are testable. Define (mis)use cases and derive load cases from there.
- Fabric structural design: Ability to construct fabric solutions to meet the requirement. Improve product geometry for good manufacturability.
- Design for manufacturing: Ability to apply relevant production techniques for producing the concept/product.
- Production technology knowledge: Ability to apply in depth knowledge of applicable production techniques in design and engineering (Stitching, lamination and coating, thermos forming).
- Value engineering: Ability to monitor the expected costs and optimize costs against functions.
- Material knowledge: Ability to apply in depth knowledge of applicable materials (Fabrics, Foam, Haberdasheries).
- Verification and Validation: Ability to design a test method, to be able to verify the requirement.
The Fabric developer has basis knowledge of:
- Fabric pattern design: Ability to sketch and make pattern according to design concept. Ability to layout setting and calculate the usage of material.
- Design for assembly: Understanding of DFA philosophy and knowledge of assembling techniques and able to translate it in the design.
- Compliance standards and regulations: Ability to find and work with applicable standards.
- Knowledge of project collaboration tools: Ability to work with rapid learning cycle framework or collaborative planning.
- Problem Analysis: Identifying potential problems, tracing possible causes, looking for and investigating relevant data. Making connections between data in order to find the root cause of problems.
- Accuracy: Being detail-oriented and handling details accurately and effectively
- Initiative: Being alert for opportunities, new situations or problems, and act accordingly at an early stage. Identifying problems or obstacles and solving them as quickly as possible
- Cooperation: Contributing to a common result through effective team work.
- Fabrics or Fashion
Think you’d be the perfect fit? See if this role is available by searching our job vacancies.