bugaboo fox warning information
IMPORTANT — Read these instructions carefully before use and keep for future reference. To avoid dangerous situations please take a few minutes to read the information below.
The Bugaboo Fox is certified by: • TÜV Süd to bear the TÜV andGS Certification markings.
CHILDREN NEAR YOUR STROLLER
1. Never leave the child unattended.
2. Do not let the child play with this product.
3. To avoid injury ensure that your child is kept away when (un) folding and when making adjustments to this product.
4. Do not let other children play unattended near the bassinet/carrycot.
5. Keep children and appendages away from the adapter interface when attaching the car seat.
6. The carry handle and the bottom of the bassinet/carrycot should be inspected regularly for signs of damage and wear.
7. Check that the bassinet/carrycot or seat unit or car seat attachment devices are correctly engaged before use.
8. Ensure that all the locking devices are engaged before use and always apply the brake when loading or unloading your child.
9. Before carrying or lifting the bassinet/carrycot make sure that the carry handle is in correct position of use.
10. Before each use ensure that the harness is working properly and the handlebar is locked.
Product in general
11. The Bugaboo Fox is suitable for children from 0 to 36 months (17 kg / 37.5 lbs).
12. Maximum weight for the underseat bag is10kg (22 lbs)/35l.
13. Unstable hazardous conditions may exist if any of the recommended load by Bugaboo is exceeded and if package carrying accessories are added onto the product.
14. Any load attached to the handlebar, seat or side of the stroller affects the stability of the stroller.
15. Never pick up the Bugaboo Fox and chassis by the carry handle while your child is lying or sitting in the bassinet/carrycot or seat.
16. Take your child out of the Bugaboo Fox when going up or down stairs and around steep or unstable conditions. Also, take extra care when going up or down a curb or other uneven surfaces. Do not take your stroller on the escalator.
17. The Bugaboo Fox is designed for one child only. An additional child may ride along on the optional Bugaboo wheeled board, according to the usage instructions.
18. Do not allow children heavier than 20kg (44 lbs) to stand on the Bugaboo wheeled board.
19. The Bugaboo Fox frame (no. 230582 or 230583) should only be used with the Bugaboo Fox chassis (no. 230330 or 230340). Do not use Bugaboo Fox parts or components with any non-approved stroller or any other Bugaboo product.
20. Only use authentic Bugaboo replacement parts and Bugaboo accessories or products approved by Bugaboo for use with the Bugaboo Fox. It is unsafe to use products that are not approved by Bugaboo.
21. WARNING: ENTANGLEMENT HAZARD - Carry handles of bags shall be left out of the bassinet/carrycot and outside the occupant area of the seat.
22. Strings can cause strangulation! Do not place items with a string around a child’s neck, such as hood strings or pacifier cords. Do not suspend strings over a bassinet/carrycot or cradle or attach strings to toys.
23. Do not use the Bugaboo Fox or any of its components near open flames or other sources of heat. Avoid exposing the Bugaboo Fox to extreme temperatures.
24. The Bugaboo Fox is not resistant to saltwater.
25. It is possible that on floors such as synthetic laminates, parquet, linoleum and carpet (organic surface floors), rubber black tires may leave permanent marks. Should you have a floor as mentioned above we recommend to be careful with indoor usage.
26. WARNING: This product is not suitable for running or skating.
27. Maximum weight for the child in the bassinet/carrycot is 9 kg (20 lbs).
28. WARNING: This product is only suitable for a child who cannot sit up unaided.
29. WARNING: FALL HAZARD - To help prevent falls, do not use this product when the infant begins to push up on hands and knees or has reached 9 kg (20 lbs), whichever comes first.
30. The head of the child in the bassinet/carrycot should never be lower than the body of the child.
31. WARNING: SUFFOCATION HAZARD - On soft bedding use only the mattress, including sheet cover and aerated inlay, provided by Bugaboo for the Bugaboo Fox. NEVER add a pillow, comforter, or another mattress for padding.
32. Do not use the bassinet/carrycot or a car seat in the two wheel position.
USING THE BASSINET/CARRYCOT OFF-CHASSIS
33. WARNING: Do not use the bassinet/carrycot off the chassis once your child can sit unaided.
34. Maximum weight of the child in the bassinet/carrycot used off-chassis is 9 kg (20 lbs).
35. WARNING: FALL HAZARD - Child’s activity can move carrier. NEVER place carrier on counter tops, tables, or any other elevated surface.
36. WARNING: SUFFOCATION HAZARD - Infant carrier can roll over on soft surfaces and suffocate child. NEVER place carrier on beds, sofas, or other soft surfaces. Only use on a firm, horizontal level and dry surface.
37. NEVER use this carrier as a means to transport an infant in a motor vehicle.
38. Never use the bassinet/carrycot on a stand.
39. WARNING: The seat unit is not suitable for children under 6 months.
40. WARNING: FALL HAZARD - Avoid serious injury from falling or sliding out. Always use the complete five point restraint system.
41. WARNING: Use a harness as soon as the child can sit unaided.
42. WARNING: Never let your child stand up in the seat. Be careful because children may stand up even when the seatbelt is fastened.
43. Always use the wrist strap when in two wheel position.
44. WARNING: Do not use the seat facing world on the 2-wheel position. It is not an intended use position.
USING THE SEAT OFF-CHASSIS AS RECLINED CRADLE
45. WARNING: Do not use the seat off the chassis once your child can sit unaided.
46. Maximum weight for the child in the seat when used independently of the chassis is 9 kg (20 lbs).
47. WARNING: The seat does not replace a cot or bed. The seat is not intended for prolonged periods of sleeping. Should your child need to sleep then place it in a suitable cot or bed.
48. WARNING: FALL HAZARD - It is dangerous to use this seat (reclined cradle) on an elevated surface, e.g. a table.
49. WARNING: FALL HAZARD - Avoid serious injury from falling or sliding out. Always use the complete five point restraint system.
50. NEVER use this carrier as a means to transport an infant in a motor vehicle.
Do not use the Bugaboo Fox if any part is broken, torn or missing. You should ensure that any damaged or worn parts are repaired immediately.