Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
You should ask the retailer about these.
As the manufacturer, Bugaboo International BV, which has its principal place of business in Amsterdam (“Bugaboo”), supplies the Bugaboo pram (“product”) under warranty, subject to the following conditions:
1. Bugaboo's warranty period is 24 months, from the date of purchase as indicated on the sales receipt. The remaining warranty period for the original product will apply for a replacement part or product or a repaired product.
2. Bugaboo's warranty applies only in the region (USA and Canada or Europe or Russia or Australia and New Zealand or Asia) in which the product was purchased. Bugaboo warrants that the product will be in compliance only with the statutory provisions and/or government regulations that apply in the region in which the product was sold. Bugaboo reserves the right to apply a different warranty for other regions.
3. Bugaboo's warranty provides a right to repair unless Bugaboo is of the opinion that replacement or return of the product is necessary. Bugaboo will bear the expense and risk of transport from and to the retailer (“the retailer”) where you purchased the product, if the repair is covered by manufacturer’s warranty.
4. To claim under Bugaboo's warranty you must provide Bugaboo with the following:
- a copy of the dated purchase receipt,
- a clear description of the complaint and
- the defective product and/or photographs of the defective part or product.
5. Bugaboo's warranty is not transferable and may therefore only be invoked by the first owner.
6. Bugaboo's warranty does not affect any statutory rights you may have, for example the right to hold the retailer accountable for defects.
what is covered by the Bugaboo's warranty?
Bugaboo's warranty applies in respect of the product and covers the following:
- all manufacturing defects in the chassis, frame and the wheels;
- all manufacturing defects in the adapters (frame and car seat adapters);
- all parts of the harness of the product;
- seams in the covering;
- Velcro; and
bugaboo's warranty will be void in the following circumstances:
- If you have made or arranged for modifications or repairs to be made without first having received written permission from Bugaboo or the retailer.
- Defects resulting from neglect or an accident and/or from any use or maintenance other than that indicated in the user guide.
- If the serial number has been damaged or removed.
- Damage to the product caused by normal wear and tear.
- Incorrect mounting or installation of third-party parts that are incompatible with the product.
- Inadvertent or unintentional damage, abnormal use or insufficient care.
- Improper storage / product care.
- Damage to push bars or upholstery due to normal daily use of the product.
- Holes or tears in the tires.
- Damage due to improper use or due to failure to follow user guide.
- Damage due to repairs carried out by unauthorized persons or due to improper disassembly of the product.
- Transport damage (during air transport or other modes of transport): carefully inspect your product after it was shipped by the airline (or other carrier) and in case of any damage immediately file a claim with the carrier.
- Customer dissatisfaction with the product in terms of fit, weight, functionality, colour or design.
bugaboo's warranty conditions for Bugaboo Special Edition
If you have purchased a special edition of the Bugaboo pram, go to www.bugaboo.com/support/product-information-strollers for a complete overview of Bugaboo’s warranty conditions. Your Bugaboo Special Edition may fall within the scope of other warranty conditions than the warranty conditions described in this user manual.
Bugaboo reserves the right to stop manufacturing a particular model, colour, fabric or accessory, in this case Bugaboo will replace a part with a similar part, colour or fabric during the manufacturer’s warranty period.
Bugaboo's warranty period for this product is 24 months from the purchase date indicated on the sales receipt. Save the sales receipt in a safe place and make a copy of it. It is even easier if you register your product at bugaboo.com and/or by using the warranty card enclosed. If you submit a claim under Bugaboo's warranty you must first contact your retailer. If your retailer is unable to repair the defect or if Bugaboo was your retailer you can contact Bugaboo by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or dial 02 9091 0322 or by mail to Bugaboo Australia Pty Limited, Service Department Suite 2, Level 2 156 Edgecliff Road Woollahra NSW 2025 Australia. For complaints that arise outside Bugaboo's warranty period you must also contact the retailer or you can contact one of our service centres. You can find an up-to-date list of service centres at bugaboo.com.
Bugaboo reserves the right to amend these warranty provisions. You can find the most up-to-date warranty provisions on our website: www.bugaboo.com.
We pride ourselves on creating products based on high quality and standards. That’s why only genuine Bugaboo parts or parts which have been approved by Bugaboo should ever be used in conjunction with the product. If you need to replace a part of your Bugaboo pram, please contact your retailer, or visit bugaboo.com for an extensive list of retailers near you.
Before you start using your Bugaboo, make sure you fill out the product registration form on line at bugaboo.com.
We are always interested in your feedback and would like to hear your comments on the Bugaboo pram or any other Bugaboo product. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our web site at bugaboo.com/register to create your personal account and sign up to participate in Bugaboo consumer research and receive the Bugaboo online newsletter.